A Good Day for Work
20th June 2011, 19.00 – 21.00The School of Life, London
There are many of us who love our jobs but are frustrated by everyday work. Maybe that’s down to office politics, boring routine, nightmare …
A Good Week: The Launch!
We have a great panel lined up including:
* Oli Barrett (Event Chair) – Co-Founder of The CoSponsorship Agency and Make Your Mark with a Tenner. (Twitter: @OliBarrett)
* Amisha Ghadiali – Co-Founder of the Ethical Fashion Forum and Think.Act.Vote. (Twitter: @AmishaGhadiali)
* Jeff Melnyk – Managing Director, Futerra Sustainability Communications (Twitter: @Futerra)
* Stuart Poore – Sustainability Consultant, and former Director of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at Virgin Media
* Kevin Sutcliffe – Deputy Head of News and Currents Affairs at Channel 4
* Juliet Davenport – – Founder and CEO of Good Energy. (Twitter: @@Good_Energy)
The panelists will contribute to the debate by presenting what Good means to them, focusing on one or more of the themes for the Week:
A Good Day to Connect –
What are the Good ways to connect with people, communities, and organizations, and what impact can this have on social change?
A Good Day to Try Something New –
Why is it Good to try something new, and what are some Good initiatives to get involved with?
A Good Day for the World –
What is the bigger picture on doing Good, what are the key issues you think people should give their time and Good energy to?
A Good Day at Work –
What does it mean to have a Good Day at work?
A Good Day to Laugh, Sing and Share –
What are some fun ways to do Good in the world?
The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A and a more in-depth roundtable debate, the results of which will form the basis of our report for the Clore Social Leadership Fellowship about the practicalities of “Making Good Happen”.
All the action takes place at the Free Word Centre in Farringdon (www.freewordonline.com).
This is an invite-only event, but we’re encouraging everyone to contribute their thoughts live throughout the event, via Twitter. Join the conversation @AGoodWeek and tell us your thoughts on Good using the hashtag #agoodweek
Here’s to A Good Week!
Natalie Campbell & Hannah Carnell